Asheville East KOA, NC – Review
This is our favorite KOA location and dare we say our favorite KOA campground – if you want to read more about our personal experience at Asheville East KOA, click here!
This is where I (Rhiannon) spent my summers as a child and was James’ very first KOA camping experience on our maiden voyage and it’s just an overall special place to be. It’s in a little town in North Carolina, named Swannanoa and when you turn into the campground, you forget all about the little city you just drove through.
You find yourself nestled in a beautiful place surrounded by trees, a river filled with ducks ready to be fed, a lake and plenty of activities to keep you busy and entertained.
When I was a child, I always remembered how nice the people were, both the staff and other campers and that still stands even though there are new owners and a new era of guests rolling through. I still highly recommend this memorable KOA campground after 30+ years. It’s peaceful and beautiful, what more could you ask for.
Here’s more information you may want to know…
2708 Hwy 70 East
Swannanoa, NC 28778
GPS Latitude, Longitude:
I-40, 10 miles East of Asheville. Exit 59, go North one block to signal (US 70), turn right, go two miles.
Phone (info): 828.686.3121
Phone (reservations): 800.562.5907
Cost: Call for rates
Check-in Time: 2:00pm/ALL
Checkout Time: 11:00am/Cabins & 12:00pm/RV and Tents
Cell Phone Service – we have Verizon and we didn’t have any issues with our service. We did spend most of our online time using the KOA Wi-Fi and that worked fine for us.
Perfect for RV, cabin and tent camping. RV sites provided with a campfire ring and a picnic table. Trash pick-up every morning.
The spots aren’t crammed together, spaced out nicely so you have a little more privacy from fellow campers than most other campgrounds – Bonus!
- Swannanoa River
- Restrooms w/showers (check map for exact locations in park)
- Pool (open from 5/9 – 9/16 every year)
- Up to 50amp power service available
- Wi-Fi (included w/your rate)
- Bicycle, golf cart and row boat rentals
- Cable TV
- Gift shop w/snack bar
- Arcade/Game Room
- Volleyball and cornhole
- Kamp K-9 Dog Park
- Trash disposal & complimentary pick-up every morning
- Pet friendly
- Handicap accessible
- RV only sites, up to 70′ max length
- Community pavilion
- Fishing lake & river (w/NC fishing license w/trout stamp of course!)
- Walking paths
- Large grassy areas for kids, pets and groups to play in.
Hiking Trails Nearby:
- Asheville Urban Trail
- Abundance of trails and waterfalls along the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Asheville’s Fun Depot – Family Fun Destination
- Biltmore Estate – The 1895 French Renaissance Chateau, in case you’ve never heard of it.
- Golf Courses
- Horse Back Riding (for ALL ages!)
- Antiquing & Shopping in Asheville and the quaint Black Mountain areas.
- OR you can jump in the Swannanoa River that runs right through this awesome campground, swimming and tubing to your hearts content – trust me, it’s FUN!